During the summer I can't sit still, nights are longer and to sit down feels counter productive for me. I'll go for evening strolls and keep moving but come fall all I really want to do is wrap myself up in a blanket & snuggle up on the couch. Typically, hubby goes off to play poker with the boys after supper on Tuesdays, these nights have become my nights to pull out all my favourite chick-flicks! You know, the ones that maybe the guys will watch with you once.. but more than that.. well, you're left to enjoy on your won. So it is with me, I can no longer entice him to see the same sappy rom-com's and torture him over and over again making Tuesday my movie night! I hunker down, grab the kleenex box (because I pretty much cry at some point in every movie I watch.. total sap!). I make myself a cup of chai or pour myself a glass of wine, pop some popcorn and fill my bowl with M&M's and cozy up in my blanket & pj's.
Sharing a few favourites is proving to be difficult .. once I started going through and thinking about all the ones it quickly grew out of control! So, with some restraint I've created a quick "short list" and keeping it to my "ten fav's"... well, sort of!
1. 500 Days of Summer with Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon-Levitt.. I always find myself cheering for this guy to find his soul mate!
2. The Truth about Cats & Dogs - I've watched this one countless times.. maybe it's because the guy is a photographer.. who knows.. but I do love Janeane Garofolo in this role.
3. Bridget Jones's Diary (1 & 2) .. .. yes, I realize this counts as 2.. but they're in the same category.. it's the girl's version to a star wars sequel! You have to watch both! .... and soon there will be a 3rd.. currently in production, to be released in September 2016.. (according to IMDB).
4. Under the Tuscan Sun! .. When life gives you lemon.. move to Italy, buy a Tuscan Villa, ride around on a Vespa.. and dance in the fountains!
5. The Lake House (Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock) .. the whole romance of sending letters in a space/time shift! Romantic!!!
6. John Cusack & Kate Becknsale in Serendipity.. If you're in NYC.. create your own little Serendipity tour of the city and stop into the eclectic cafe/shop for a frozen hot chocolate (warning you'll wait for a table.. and there's a minimum order of $8.50 per person).
7. Eat, Pray, Love.. this one is inspiration, I love the story of how she sought out to change from under her current circumstances.
8. Amelie .. Subtitles.. but it's a MUST-watch! Quirkiness galore.. but I soo love it!
9. Silver Linings Play Book .. cause who doesn't love Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Lawrence in anything they do!
10.French Kiss with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline..
"I love Paris in the spring time
I love Paris in the fall....
Every moment of the year
I love Paris
Why, oh, why do I love Paris?
Because my love is nearrrrrr"
Bonus Picks.. P.S. I love you... (5 star on the Kleenex rating! and of course my all time favourite is You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks.. this movie just doesn't get old for me.... helps, that when I was in NYC.. we went to the gardens on the Upper West Side! I have to watch it like clock work each fall.. along with Sleepless in Seattle! Complete Classics!
Okay.. so maybe the list is a little more than 10.. I could add on a couple of others.. like Answer Man.. but I'll save some for future lists!
If you have a favourite, send me a PM or write down in the comments your favorite Rom-Com!